Our reputation in professional negligence claims
We have an outstanding reputation in professional negligence claims. Our lawyers have acted in claims against lawyers, accountants, actuaries, and surveyors.
How we handle professional negligence claims
Through the effective use of the provisions of the Professional Negligence Pre-Action Protocol, we are often able to obtain early and cost-effective settlements for our clients. In addition, we have considerable expertise in the use of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation. This is often used as a tool to our clients’ advantage.
Our professional negligence experience
- Acting for a professional trustee against a large City of London law firm in connection with professional negligence arising out of the firm’s retainer, and conduct of complex legal proceedings in the UK and abroad
- Acting for company directors in claims against one of the leading accounting firms in respect of negligent accounting, tax advice and due diligence connected with a £10m commercial transaction
- Acting for a group of property developers in negligence claims against its solicitors in the context of various property-related transactions
- Acting for an individual named in The Times 100 Rich List in a professional negligence claim against his solicitors regarding a substantial property transaction
- Acting for a UK plc against a firm of accountants in relation to a complex claim arising out of negligent auditing of accounts and the preparation of a working capital review
- Acting in proceedings against a top-10 firm of solicitors regarding a failure to properly conduct a leasehold enfranchisement
A groundbreaking after the event (ATE) insurance facility for our commercial disputes clients.
Stewarts Litigate provides our commercial disputes clients with rapid access to comprehensive ATE insurance at pre-agreed market leading rates.
This communication has been authorised by Arthur J Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited for the purpose of s21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
"They work hand in glove with you and can compete with the big firms"Chambers
Meet the Commercial Litigation team
Our team has the size and experience to handle heavyweight litigation.
Many of our cases are international in scope and all of our lawyers are experienced in conducting cross-border disputes.