We have a well-recognised track record of delivering success for our clients and substantial experience in complex disputes arising out of the aviation sector. This specialist service draws expertise from our top ranked and market leading commercial, arbitration, aviation, insurance, insolvency, policy holder disputes and sanctions teams.
Aviation dispute cases
Representative cases include:
- Advising in relation to potential claims against insurers by an aircraft lessor of a portfolio of aircraft stuck in Russia due to the international sanctions following the invasion of Ukraine;
- Advising an airline in relation to a potential investment treaty claim arising from the imposition of aviation-related fines by an African government;
- Representing a manufacturer of machinery and componentry in arbitration with a US purchaser and agent in respect of a pricing dispute;
- Advising on a complex aircraft finance dispute with issues relating to the time that security took effect, applicable law and valuation of the aircraft;
- Advising an airline in relation to a potential investment treaty claim arising from the imposition of aviation-related fines by an African government.
Our aviation litigation team
Our team of more than 75 lawyers has the depth and expertise to conduct heavy-weight litigation. We specialise in technically complex aviation litigation, which often involves international conventions and cross-border issues. Our commercial aviation disputes expertise spans a broad range of issues including:
- Finance and leasing disputes
- Supply chain issues
- Aircraft repossession cases
- Insurance claims (including loss of licence disputes)
- Aircraft purchase and maintenance disputes
- Fraud, insolvency and asset recovery
- Commercial drone activity: regulatory and contractual disputes
"Always responsive, always very clear, and they've been very quick in reacting and telling the client what the next step is. They are way ahead of everyone else; they've transformed the litigation market"Chambers
"Widely regarded as a go-to firm for claimants in aviation litigation"Chambers
"They are just top-rate; they are everything I would look for in lawyers - very responsive, extremely knowledgeable, and really care about their clients"Chambers
Meet the Aviation team
Our team has unrivalled experience in dealing with aviation accident claims and aviation litigation.
We are ranked No.1 in the UK by Chambers and The Legal 500 and are one of the top five firms worldwide for aviation accident litigation.