Claim No FL-2018-000007 - In the High Court of Justice - Business and Property Courts of England and Wales - Financial List (QBD)
(1) NATIONAL BANK OF KAZAKHSTAN
(2) THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN
(1) THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON SA/NV LONDON BRANCH
(2) ANATOLIE STATI
(3) GABRIEL STATI
(4) ASCOM GROUP SA
(5) TERRA RAF TRANS TRAIDING LIMITED
Judge: Mr Justice Teare
The trial has now concluded, transcripts are available below.
Please find below the transcripts from the above case starting Thursday 26 March, ending Wednesday 1 April 2020. The transcripts are all provided in PDF format.
- Day 1 – Claim FL-2018-000007 – National Bank of Kazakhstan v Bank of New York
- Day 2 – Claim FL-2018-000007 – National Bank of Kazakhstan v Bank of New York
- Day 3 – Claim FL-2018-000007 – National Bank of Kazakhstan v Bank of New York
- Day 4 – Claim FL-2018-000007 – National Bank of Kazakhstan v Bank of New York
Stewarts’ team representing the National Bank of Kazakhstan and The Republic of Kazakhstan:
Fiona Gillett – Partner, Commercial Litigation
Ian Gatt QC – Partner, Commercial Litigation
Joe Mitchell – Senior Associate, Commercial Litigation
Aleks Valkov – Associate, Commercial Litigation
You can find further information regarding our expertise, experience and team on our Commercial Litigation pages.
Our related expertise
The first virtual trial in the commercial court
Stewarts secured the continuation of the first virtual trial in the commercial court in the case of National Bank of Kazakhstan & The Republic of Kazakhstan v The Bank of New York Mellon & Ors. Initially, the fate of the hearing was uncertain due to the travel restrictions and social distancing measures in place during the outbreak of Covid-19. Read more here, including the link to view a live feed of the trial and the daily updates of court transcripts.