Nickie specialises in conducting serious injury cases with complicated causal elements, and cases where clients have complained about their previous legal advisers. Nickie acts on a wide range of paediatric and capacitous and non-capacitous adult cases involving traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, amputation, serious burns, severe orthopaedic, neurological and psychiatric injuries.
She has a dynamic and attentive approach to litigation, and has a natural ability to create a relationship of trust with her clients, to tailor her approach according to individual needs and to maximise damages. She has an unwavering commitment to client care and delivering exceptional levels of service.
Nickie assists on cases involving road traffic accidents, claims against the MIB, fatal accidents, occupiers and public liability and accidents at work.
Nickie has assisted on:
- Securing a £14M settlement for a seventeen year old girl who sustained a severe traumatic brain injury in a road traffic accident at the age of five.
- Settling a case for an ex-member of the British military who suffered 40- 54% full thickness burns for a significant sum.
- Recently helping to bring a life-changing spinal cord case to a seven figure settlement.
- Settling the case of a young soldier discharged from the Army on medical grounds as a result of physical and psychiatric injuries for a significant sum.
- Securing a significant settlement for a young girl who sustained multiple, life-changing fractures and scarring to her dominant right arm and shoulder.
Nickie won the national award for client care in 2015 at her previous firm.
The Leeds Personal Injury team at Stewarts is ranked in Band 1 of the Chambers UK rankings 2021 and has an excellent reputation for its expert catastrophic injury practice.
Nickie is originally from Sussex and moved to Yorkshire to study law at the University of Leeds, graduating in 2007. She continued her postgraduate study and subsequent legal training in Leeds. Nickie has worked in the personal injury sector since 2008.
Nickie spent almost twelve years at her previous firm, where she developed her dedication to client care. She qualified in 2012 and moved from the fraud team to the complex injury team where she was promoted to associate in 2016.
She joined Stewarts at the start of 2020 as an associate.
Accreditations and memberships
- The Law Society and APIL member
Nickie loves long walks in the Yorkshire Dales with her cocker spaniel Monty, good food and travelling when time allows.
Her goal is to achieve recognition in The Legal 500.