We offer pro bono legal advice to a number of deserving individuals and causes.
It is an opportunity for our lawyers and other staff to use their knowledge and skills to contribute to the broader community. The experience they gain can be invaluable and it fosters teamwork among our staff.
Our pro bono advice covers a broad range of legal areas including debt, pension, insurance and human rights issues.
We estimate that each year we provide more than 10,000 hours of free legal advice and assistance.
Examples of our pro bono advice include:
- We provide extensive pro bono legal support to those with serious and life-changing injuries through The Legal Service
- We are sponsors of The Access to Justice Foundation, the aim of which is to improve access to justice for the most vulnerable in society. The Stewarts Foundation is committed to donating £1m over four years to The Access to Justice Foundation
- We are members of LawWorks, an organisation that supports lawyers to volunteer their professional skills to assist individuals and community groups who cannot afford to pay for legal help and who are unable to access legal aid or other forms of financial assistance
- We are members of the National Pro Bono Centre, a charity that acts as a hub for pro bono charities across the legal sector
- We are members of Justice, an all-party law reform and human rights organisation that carries out research and analysis to generate, develop and evaluate ideas for law reform
- We accept pro bono work from Advocates for International Development, a charity that empowers lawyers to use their skills to fight world poverty
"I would advise anyone in the same situation as myself to seek help from Stewarts. I could not have coped without your assistance. I will always be indebted to you, so thank you"A pro bono client