Our environmental policy focuses on how we can take steps to reduce our negative impact on the environment.
Currently, the steps being taken to reduce impact include:
- Creating new working environments in London and Leeds which respect our carbon-neutral philosophy
- Adopting office recycling policies
- Using recycled materials wherever possible
- Minimising waste
Specific initiatives include:
- Our New Street Square office is fitted out with light movement sensors which ensure lights cannot inadvertently be left on
- Staff are encouraged to separate waste so that efficient recycling can take place
- Following our Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme (ESOS) audit, we have increased the temperature slightly in the communication room. This has led to less energy being used, a positive environmental impact
- We have entered into an agreement with our landlord, Land Securities, to improve the sustainability and reduce the environmental footprint of the offices at New Street Square, London. This agreement has been developed from best practice guidance set out by the Green Lease Working Group formed by the Better Building Partnership to drive improvement in the environmental performance of commercial properties
"There is a genuine desire to treat others with respect. I think that this is displayed throughout the firm. As a result, I get along well with everyone in the office"
"The positive environment, ability to be yourself and do your job with the support of others makes Stewarts a great place to work"
"The core values mean something and people do believe in them. It is an innovative firm and I feel proud to work here"